KABARA, Lau lass Mariaiosefo Lesinaivalu was crowned the 2016 Vodafone Hibiscus Teen at the Vodafone arena in Suva last night.
The 16-year-old science student of St Joseph’s Secondary School, who is sponsored by APCO, also walked away with the best talent award and humanitarian award during the week.
While officiating at the crowning, Assistant Minister for Local Government, Housing and Environment and also the 1982 Hibiscus Queen Lorna Eden commended the 11 contestants for being brave in taking on the role as a contestant.
“As a former Miss Hibiscus, I totally understand how nervous you would have been at the beginning of this week.
“It is no easy task to get up in front of a crowd on any day but I must say you have all done extremely well and have no doubt made your parents and sponsors very proud,” she said.
Meanwhile, the Queen contestants also had their second public judging event at the FMF Gymnasium last night.
2016 Vodafone Hibiscus Teen winners:
* Miss Vodafone Hibiscus Teen: Miss APCO Mariaiosefo Lesinaivalu;
* 1st runner-up: Miss Patel Dhaaba Salome Masivou;
* 2nd runner-up: Miss Solar Solutions Rusila Fong;
* Miss People’s Choice: Miss Lei Entertainers Esther Smith; and
* Miss Personality: Miss Krish Amusement Elizabeth Rakai.